Thursday 13 February 2014

Weasels Stink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Weasels STINK!!!!!!!!!!!

How do I know this? Well, I was laying down trying to get rid of a headache (works best for me) and the dog was with me for a bit but then jumped off the bed and all of a sudden went bat sh*t crazy down the hall and chased something in to the spare bedroom.

I didn't see it but when I went to go in the bedroom the stink was sooo bad I though it was a skunk. I called the dog out and shut the door quick!


I was freaked out! I am home alone so I called Alberta Fish & Wildlife. Nice lady on the phone calmed me down and discussed the situation. Determined that because of previous occurrences and the smell I described it was probably our weasel again!! 


Didn't know weasel's can stink that bad but apparently when they're irritated they can get nasty! Smells almost as bad as a skunk. 


She convinced me to put the dog outside and go in to the room and see if I could figure out what was in there. That was fun.... I figured it must be in the closet from the noises I was hearing. So I proceeded to pull a few things out and all of a sudden this little white head (why do they have to be cute?!) picked out from under the shelving. When I realized it was the weasel again I was sooo relieved!!


Chased him out and down the hall where he escaped under the door to our water softener/laundry area and out of the house.


Now the room is being aired out, smell is almost gone!


Thank goodness for weasels, even though I now know they stink, I'll take them over a skunk in the house any day!!!


Vixen is not so happy though, it's been hours and she is still hunting the house for the weasel that got away!


~Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment