Wednesday 6 November 2013

It's a stand-off!!

One thing I love about being here is all of the wildlife we get to see.
I get a real kick out of sitting at my desk and watching the squirrels run through the pine trees outside.  I don't get much work done but they are fun to watch.

Vixen has also been enjoying the visitors on the homestead.  Mostly she just barks at them and tries to chase them, with no success of course.  This morning I put her out on her tie-out.  Yes, she's a farm dog now but hasn't always been one so she has to be on leash or she will take off.

Anyway, she was awful quiet so I went to check on her.  I always keep the camera close by and this time it was on a small table by the door and I was very thankful for that.  When I looked out Vixen was posed ready to strike looking down the hill.  When I looked up to see what she was checking out I seen two mule deer not far off.  I stepped back inside and grabbed the camera.

I was lucky enough to get this shot.  Vixen and the mule deer were on a stand-off checking each other out.  I was amazed that they stayed like this as long as they did.  Vixen was so quiet like she was frozen in place.

This minute and a half stand-off made my day! I wonder what they were both thinking?
 
~Sue
 

No comments:

Post a Comment