Tuesday 1 October 2013

Phone call

Well today started with a phone call about work. We have a week before I will be heading off to my winter job. I work away from home for extended periods of time in the winter. We didn't think that I would be heading out this early in the season but the client that I work for wants to make sure that they get me and not somebody else for the season. Good for the pocket book and I am sure that I will be the first one out again this year most likely 2 or 3 weeks earlier than anyone else. Not so good for our timeline of the stuff we want to get done before I go. Changing and modifying plans start already. We will have to purchase the 4 extra cords of wood that we will need to get through the winter and I had better get my behind in gear getting the porch insulated and cleaning up the barn before I have to leave. I wonder how I am going to get rid of the bats in the loft of the barn and clean up their leavings. My wife will do some research on that while I head into town and get some insulation and poly to fix up he porch a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment