Saturday 7 September 2013

The Work Begins.

Well we got the keys. We were so excited to get onto our new place we drove up to Grande Prairie to spend the night as soon as we found out we could probably get the keys. We ended sleeping in the truck as all the hotels that would lets us take our dog were booked solid. I know call us kids but we have been talking about doing this for 4 years and could hardly wait.

Walking into the house it had been so long since we actually saw it we had to make our plans all over again. We definitely need to do some painting. The previous owner had much different tastes that my wife and I. The pink walls, switch plates, plugs, floor and trim in the bedrooms and the peach walls, cupboards, switch plates, plugs and floor in the bathroom had to go. I don't think she actually painted , just threw a can of paint at it and then spread it around. Although we did notice that she did brush on different colors of paint on almost every other wall and cupboard. My wife thinks I am mean because I commented she was probably trying to decide what to throw the next can at. You know I am all for originality but I just don't think a creamy purple and pale yellow compliment each other. Need to fix that too. After spending the first 4 days cleaning and painting we decide we had better go get a trailer full of our stuff out of storage. so we could actually sleep on a bed instead of the floor. I am not getting any younger and if I was to be able continue to move, a bed was next thing on the priority list. Plus I hate eating out as my wife is an awesome cook and take out was just not cutting it.

Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment