Wednesday 19 November 2014

A parfait kind of day

I love those yogurt berry parfaits you can buy in different stores.  I decided to try and make some of my own at home.  
Greek yogurt is a great price at Costco, 3 - 500ml tubs for 11.99.  And the large bag of blueberries is huge and I can't remember the price but it's a good deal as well.

The granola I got from Walmart and the chia seeds from Bulk Barn.  Will just buy the granola from Bulk Barn next time as well.

I made a single one my first try and when it turned out better than expected I pulled all the ingredients out the next day to make a bulk batch.

Plain greek yogurt
Frozen blueberries
Granola
Honey
Chia Seeds.

I used some 250ml glass mason jars to make the parfaits.  I put yogurt in first, then blueberries,
I then drizzled honey on that layer and added about a 1/4 tsp of chia seeds.  I did a second layer the same and topped it with granola.
Easy peasey!

I got 9 250ml jars plus the one I made the day before.  I have since had one after freezing and thawing slightly and they are just as good as the day they were made.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment