Sunday 1 December 2013

Officially a farmer! lol

Well I think I can say it! I can drive a tractor so now I am an official farmer!  lol  Ok, maybe not yet but it feels closer every day! 

Our new John Deere tractor was delivered a few days ago and I did drive it a little that day to make sure I understood the salesman's instructions but today is really my first time driving the tractor with a purpose.

I knew when I got up this morning and seen the results of our winter storm last night that we got the tractor just in time!! It was -14 this morning, windy and still snowing.  We were expecting more snow so I knew it was time to get out and plow what had already fallen.

I was so nervous and excited at the same time.  I also had no idea what I was doing.  It sounds easy right, get in and plow the snow.  But where to put it, how do I do it.  After talking to Ray briefly on the phone I set out.  The wind was howling outside and it was cold so it was nice to have the cab on the tractor.

After a few swipes of the driveway in front of the house I got some nerve and started down the driveway to the road.  After an hour of plowing, I went inside.  For my first time I don't think I did too bad.  The driveway could probably be wider (Ray would fix this later) and if I had of known beforehand I should have moved the snow a little further out.  But I would say it was a success!

And if it keeps snowing like it is, my second plow will be in just a few hours!!! 
~Sue

Pictures - Left: The tractor on delivery day.
                Right: Taken during my first plow, from the drivers seat

No comments:

Post a Comment